Spilt ends are the result of damage or the loss of the protective layer, the cuticle. The damage is mostly due to stressors like hair dyes, chlorine, styling products which use heat and chemicals from hair products. To salvage the rest of the hair, trimming off the spilt ends is usually recommended as it is a general opinion that once the hair is spilt, it is not possible to repair it. It is fair to say that there are few natural treatments to help maintain healthy hair and prevent them from breaking.
Below are some of the natural hair care methods, following them visual results improving the split ends can be seen.
- Healthy diet: Nutrients such as Biotin and Folic acid help in hair growth, healthy hair and produces proteins in the hair. These nutrients are available in foods like green leafy vegetables, soybeans, wheat, lentils, brown rice, walnuts and peas.
- Avoid heat: Cover your hair to avoid direct exposure to the sun during summer. Turn down the heat while drying, straightening or curling tour hair to prevent hair damage and the ends to split. Splurge in a good heat protective spray which helps in keeping off the heat and prevents the hair from damage so you can style away as much as you want. Follow up with a serum after your drying, straightening or curling as this helps in smoothing the hair and retain moisture.
- Caring your hair: Washing your hair too much can strip the hair of some essential oils. Do not run a comb through your hair after a wash and do not use very hot water to wash your hair. Use shampoos which have less or no amount of chemicals in it.
- Trim your hair: Trimming your hair every two months helps in the spilt ends from moving up.
- Treating spilt ends: Moisturizing is a great way of keeping the hair nourished and preventing the spilt ends. Choose a good moisturizer and moisture your hair on a weekly basis. Natural moisturizers and home treatments are:
Coconut oil: It is a great natural moisturizer. Warm coconut oil and apply on the scalp for a while before a hair wash.
Avocado: Apply avocado paste and massage your hair taking care to use more on the spilt ends. Leave and wash your hair after 20 to 30 minutes.
Papaya: Blend papaya with yogurt and apply it on your hair leaving it for half an hour before rinsing it.
Olive oil: Mix equal quantity of olive oil with mustard or coconut oil and apply on scalp. Cover hair with a warm towel to moisturize the hair.
Castor oil: Castor oil can be applied along with olive oil and applied on the scalp. Keep for 30 minutes and rinse.
Cream with milk: Mixture of cream with milk is a very good moisturizer. Apply a generous amount on the spilt ends.
Split ends if left unattended can seriously damage your hair causing hair loss and dry frizzy hair. Use natural remedies to get rid of split ends.
Liked this article on How To Repair And Prevent Split Ends Naturally and have something to say? Comment below and don’t forget to SHARE THIS ARTICLE!