The problem of thinning hairs and baldness is universal and affects millions from both sexes and all ages. The main surgical treatment for baldness is hair transplant; however this is not suitable in certain cases owing to inadequate donor area. Many patients do not want to undergo donor strip removal surgery. Such patients can be benefited by Artificial Hair Transplant.
Advantages of Artificial Hair Transplant
Artificial hair transplant has a number of advantages when compared to manyother hormonal treatments and clinical hair loss procedures.
- New hair added in the areas where hair is sparse
- Realistic appearance of the added hair
- No incisions such as that done in hair transplant and hence no side effects.
- Maintain hair density uniformly on your scalp
- Won’t fall off
- Immediate and natural aesthetic result
- High hair density in a few hours
- A simple, quick, reversible, painless outpatient procedure
- Allows the patient to lead an active, sporty lifestyle even soon after the implant
- Provides a gradual and progressive hair thickening, economically affordable
- Requires no burdensome maintenance to maintain the desired aesthetic result
- Is NOT binding: it can be performed or stopped when desired and the implant can be performed alone or in combination with other medical or surgical treatments.
Technological advances have produced modacrylic synthetics (like kanekalon) which are so similar in look and feel to protein-rich hair fibres that they can even fool some stylists.
There are other advantages of artificial hair transplant too. Not only are they realistic, but they are less expensive than natural hair.
- They are also easier to maintain at home.
- Shampooing with cold water will not change the style, nor will exposure to extreme humidity.
- Synthetic wigs tend to be made according to current styles with cut, color and texture already set.
- Color availability is almost unlimited (from natural to fantasy colors.
- While higher-quality synthetics have blended colors for natural looking hair.
- Artificial colors will not fade or oxidize even after long periods in direct sunlight.
A few disadvantages can be witnessed in some exceptional cases, and does not suit people who are
- Allergic to synthetic material.
- Allergic to local anesthesia.
- Diseases of immune system.
- Ongoing scalp infection.
- Dismetobolic diseases.
- Psychologically unstable.
- People working in unsuitable environment.
Some inconveniences experienced while using artificial hair trnasplants are
- It needs some small re-implants to maintain the aesthetic result achieved.
- It needs a suitable hygiene of the scalp and respect of after care.
- It is not recommended on sensitive patients to the pre-implant test or suffering from other scalp diseases.
- When artificial hair is shampooed, the shiny look is lost
- It is difficult to color artificial hair.
- Must avoid extreme heat such as from hair dryers, hot-rollers, flat irons and curling irons.
- Traditional hair color will not work with synthetic fibres.
- Recoloring artificial hair is not recommended
can appear shiny and unnatural.
- Quality and price affect how natural the hair looks.
- It will look unnatural on fine-haired women.
The disadvantages are in fact very minor as compared to the advantages. Other clinical procedures have an impact on the hormonal balance of your body and sometimes may lead to serious health conditions. The artificial transplant on the other hand is superficial and is easy to maintain.
Liked this article on Advantages And Disadvantages Of Artificial Hair Replacement and have something to say? Comment below and don’t forget to SHARE THIS ARTICLE!